View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 16th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Ford portable space heater ignition transformer 

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope you can help me. I have an old Ford model CTN150 S/N 00279 portable space heater and the ignition transformer is acting up. The Ignition is intermittent and sometimes slow only upon startup. I've tried a different plug, checked all connections, cleaned grounds even tried reducing the sparkplug gap which seemed to help a little. I've removed the cover and disconnected the fuel line pulled the plug and grounded it and then tried starting it and the plug will not always spark on initial startup. Once it starts the unit runs fine until the next time you try to start it. I'm debating whether to replace the coil or just get rid of the unit. I have the original factory operators manual and have tried all the troubleshooting tests to no avail. I tore this whole unit apart a year ago and refinished it so it still looks pretty good. My question is, which ignition transformer is the correct replacement one for my unit. I've checked the FRANCE cross reference table and it lists a FRANCE 5SAY-03 S W/24" OUTPUT W/CAP and a Webster MCC-WA6020C30. My unit's ignition transformer is a Jefferson Electric , Type single spark, CAT NO 638-001-121, PRI 120V 60HZ CAP 150VA, SEC 5000V 20MA, ONE END GROUNDED. Thanks in advance for any help.. T. Riedl

April 25th, 2015, 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]